Address Tree Insects & Diseases Before They Cause Real Problems
Maple Hill uses an integrated approach to managing insects and diseases that begins with maintaining tree health using practices including pruning and creating optimal soil conditions for tree growth. Monitoring and periodic inspections are critical to identifying pest infestations before they reach damaging levels.
By implementing a regular maintenance plan, you can maintain the health of your trees for the long term. This will reduce the risk of damage and liability that can result from having a diseased tree on your property.
Maple Hill's Certified Arborists are trained to recognize beneficial insects that will help naturally suppress pest populations. When treatments are necessary, Maple Hill implements safe and effective solutions like applying organic or synthetic materials.
Let's get things under control:
Diseases and pests can be detrimental to trees in the urban environment. Since a healthy tree can defend against most insects and diseases, our ISA Certified Arborists will focus on the cause rather than just the symptoms. Our first step is to identify and monitor both harmful pests and beneficial insects.
Our disease & pest solutions include:
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a sustainable management tool that combines biological, cultural, and physical practices to identify, manage and reduce risk from pests
- Insecticides and fungicides in organic and synthetic formats.
- TreeAzin – targets Emerald Ash Borer and LDD Moth
- BTK Spray - targets pest caterpillars and gypsy moths
- Copper Fungicide - are effective for treating fungal diseases
- Horticultural/Dormant Oil - acts as an insect repellant
- Insect traps – that target pests like the Japanese Beetle, LDD moth
- Mechanical methods such as pruning affected tree parts, egg mass removal, and burlap skirts
What does Maple Hill offer?
Our knowledgeable, Certified Arborists work with our clients using the best management practices to reach realistic tree health care goals. We offer environmentally sensitive and effective services to address your tree health care concerns.
The goal of Tree Health Care is not only to prevent problems from arising but also to provide a more vibrant and healthier environment for your trees. By taking an active approach rather than simply waiting around until something goes wrong you can keep on top of potential issues before they become serious!